Thursday, October 6, 2011

Positively Forward

I had planed on sleeping but as usual my brain is stuck in "Go" Maybe it's me - maybe it's the season - maybe it's humanity; the "who" is not what is important...the emotions are the only focus. I've spent weeks living day to day, hour to hour in a haze of clarity. I'm surrounding myself with those who lift me up. My thoughts are positive. My heart is beating in a happier rhythm. I am a part of this world and I will make it better, one step at a time. 
I was reading through Positively Present's latest blog post the other night and it struck a cord with me.
"When the notion of death creeps into my mind now, it is followed by the questions: If not now, then when? If I don't live life now, when will I live it?"
 The blog post - hell the entire site is worth reading again and again. I told a close friend recently "I know what I want out of life and I know how to get it" I have the confidence needed to reach my goals and possibly surpass them. Life will throw shit in your way just to discourage you, but you don't have to let it. Instead of throwing a hissy-fit and giving up; learn from the experience and take the next step forward. There is so much I want out of life and if I don't start moving towards those dreams right now - at this very moment - then it's another moment lost. 
This post started with a quote I read on a friend's page...If you hadn't already heard Steve Jobs passed away today. When I read the following quote I knew I had to inhale every word, bury it in every inch of my being and continue to move forward to my dream.
“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” -Steve Jobs
 And now I rest - still moving forward. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...