Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Photo Session

Yesterday Monday April 25, 2011 was an awesome day! After getting up at the ass crack of dawn for doctor appointments 30 minutes away and dealing with that stuff, I had a great evening doing a photo session for a life long friend and his wife.

A little history about this amazing couple...I have known Erik for about 12 years. He dated my best friend in high school and was just a awesome friend to be around. Long story short he has been working with me for about 2 or 3 years now. It's great having someone close around. His wife Amber is a sweetheart (and I'm not just saying that because she likes my photography). They (Erik and Amber) are still considered newlyweds...they have not been married a year. A few months in to their marriage they found out Amber has lymphoma in her lungs. She is a real trooper. I'm simply amazed at both of their confidence and strength. It's hard enough to be a newlywed (boy do I remember it too well) but to have cancer? Wow...just wow.

So that brings us to the photos. I'll be honest, I was quite nervous. I had not photographed real "people" (my Husband doesn't count, lol) since I was at Watkin's College of Art and Design. So, what...over 8 years ago? Yes, I was a little nervous. As always though, I worried over nothing. Once I took a few shots it was like everything came back to me.

Amber messaged me last night after viewing the results and said, "When I first thought about it I didn't think it would be a real happy occasion to take pictures but you captured our happiness and the happiness I have when I'm around Erik." it brought tears to my eyes...I'm glad I could be a part of the happiness. :)













Here is to a long life of love to the both of them. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...