Sunday, March 6, 2011

What's In A Name?

What is in a name? Why were you given the name you have? Do you like your name? Does your name scream "you"? For most of us, no...this is not the case. I spent most of my life hating my name. No one can pronounce it. No one can spell it (the weird way I spell it) and NOW that I'm married with "Joseph" as my married name...my name is even more manly. boo!

The post for Thursday and Friday are on the same subject...my name. I'm sure those of you with "Bob" "Mary" "Thomas" "Lisa" so on and so forth have a easy time finding meaningless stuff with your name on it. I do not have that luxury. Maybe that's why I cling to the item when I have something MADE for me.

Today's photo means a lot to me. I had open heart surgery at age 5 and as a way of "getting well" I was allowed to open 1 present per day for 7 days from one of my uncle's and his co-workers. This was what I opened on my first day out of the hospital. I was so excited to have something pretty with my name on it! It has hung on my door ever since.


Mika.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...