Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My own strength

IMG_0268It's been months...too many months and too many emotions to even try to explain my seclusion. It's been a long transition (that I suspect will never end) and looking back at my last post to now...I've come a long way. The Mika typing at this very second is not the mopy self-centered person the first of April.


There are things in this life I want/need and know how to get them. "To thine own self be true" - Shakespeare's words are etched in my mind. Not everyone will agree with me...hell I figure a few will try to shame me but I'm not living for anyone else anymore. People will let you down time and time again...I refuse to let myself down; anymore.

With a deep breath I give you insight to the true Mika. This is my first (of many) steps. I am ready.





IMG_0356
Lilith

I am from Lilith
I am made of clay
An equal to any man
I am my own being

The air in my lungs
And the thoughts in my mind
Are filled with serenity
Free to roam the winds of time

I am from Lilith
I am from the clay
My knowledge is my worth
Not the ring on my finger

I am not to be conquered
I am not to be controlled
If I love you - it is freely
With all the passion I hold

I am from Lilith
I am not beneath you anymore
I choose my own destiny
With wisdom to be adored.
*    All rights are reserved by the author Mika Buell.




IMG_0381




























With love and my own strength,

Mika

1 comment:

  1. Good on you. I don't know what you have been through, but it is wonderful to know you have found your inner strength.
    I feel sad that you don't feel able to talk with your parents, but hopefully you have others who are there for you. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...