Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Review: The Pathos of Rowan Jun by Tamara Henson (Coffey)

I am blessed...there is no denying it. I have amazing friends, a wonderful family and you my beautiful readers! I was lucky enough to be one of the first to get their hands on Volume One of my very dear friend Tamara Henson (Coffey)'s book: The Pathos of Rowan Jun. As soon as it was available for Kindle I purchased and began my journey. I know a lot of you are thinking "She only likes it because it's written by her friend" not the case! I am by no means afraid of telling a friend their work is not the best quality. I know some that can vouch for this! I honestly enjoyed loved the story. I hope I was successful in expressing an accurate review that others can benefit from.

My review:


The blurb for The Pathos of Rowan Jun sums up the story and yet intrigues you even more. "Bury your human soul in the heart of a warrior" As an avid reader over many genres (Fantasy, Historical Fiction, and Non Fiction) I was excited to dive in, curious of the world Tamara Henson created of Unata and this so-called warrior Rowan Jun.

With no warning I found myself smack dab in the middle of action from the start. Some enjoy this type of beginning; others prefer an intro or prologue. But considering the author explains previous events in full detail all while keeping the action packed story moving swiftly along – a prologue would be of no use here. Written in third person I felt I was walking along side Rowan Jun cheering him on every step of the way. I felt his pain, his sorrow and his joy. I became the warrior myself.  

With 12 original illustrations shuffled in the 234 pages it made character connection all the more realistic. As with many Fantasy/Epic novels the writing style is informal. I think this was done intentionally. Dialogue between characters is clear and at times humorous – such as real life. My favorite excerpt, “Darkness hides in us all, Rowan Jun. But so does greatness!” 

From the opening sentence to the very last period; this story not only held my attention, but threw me head first in a very strange world. Even if you are not a fan of Fantasy writing I suggest you give The Pathos of Rowan Jun an honest chance. You won’t be disappointed.

Now the countdown is on to the next volume in the series!

Places to find Tamara/The Pathos of Rowan Jun:
Paperback/E reader Editions available here:
Have you read The Pathos of Rowan Jun? Have plans to read it? Inquiring minds want to know (aka me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...