Monday, April 16, 2012

Birchbox and MyGlam April 2012 Review

Birchbox and MyGlam April 2012



For those of you that are wondering what the hell Birchbox and MyGlam are...and why I'm reviewing them - the latest greatest trend happens to be monthly memberships to new products. There are numerous sites that offer health, beauty and even handmade products/samples for a monthly (or yearly if you are richer than me) subscription. Quoated directly from Birchbox's website:
Birchbox is the best way to discover new grooming, beauty and lifestyle products. Sample top products from high-end brands, get expert advice, buy new favorites and earn points with every purchase.

MyGlam takes a different approach. Your first step is to take a quiz to identify what type of beauty products suit you. As a makeup fanatic I was thrilled to find both of these sites.

Here's the kicker - I was on a waiting list for Birchbox due to high demand. My acceptance email came just a few weeks after signing up. However, MyGlam had a zero waiting list. Both of these wonderful subscriptions are $10 a month. If you would like to sign up for either/or feel free to follow my links!


 Birchbox content:
  • Be Fine Food Skin Care | Daily Moisturizer *
  • Be Fine Food Skin Care | Exfoliating Cleanser
  • June Jacobs | Perfect Pumpkin Enzyme Polish (which smells divine!)
  • Color Club | Age of Aquarius Mini Nail Lacquer
  • ShowStoppers | Designer Fashion Tape *
  • Juicy Couture | Viva La Juicy (one of my faves)
* indicates items I have not tested

Review thus far: I used the exfoliating cleanser & enzyme polish this morning. I love the way they make my skin feel. The enzyme polish will be a possible purchase. Full size is $60. I have adored Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy since it was released. Color Club Age of Aquarius is the perfect shade for my Spring toes. I'm wearing pastels and lots of skirts so the mint green is just right! For $8 a bottle I think I'll try all their neon nail polish colors - and as if I didn't love them already, they are named for random 60's culture!


 MyGlam content: 
  • Urban Decay | 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Radium (Metallic blue)
  • DermStore Lip Quench | Moisture Infused Lip Treatment
  • My Glam All-Over Eyeshadow Brush
  • My Glam Eyeliner Brush *
 * indicates items I have not tested

Review thus far: I will say I love the DermStore Lip Treatment. I tried it out today and my lips were soft and pouty for hours. Full size of this cute kitten is $12 which is well worth the results! I love the eyeshadow brush. I use it to blend shadows together and it works perfectly. Urban Decay has always been a beauty staple of mine - however I was cautious of such a bright blue. Of course I shouldn't have doubted Urban Decay's makeup because I love it with my brown eyes! $19 for full size pencil.

So, my wonderful readers...have you heard/signed up/tried either of these sites? Have you tried others? I'm curious to know!

Mika

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...