Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Vintage Hair For a Vintage Girl

Hello one and all! I'm in a great mood today! I was listed on Art Journaling Today's page for my mixed media journal piece! I wanted to say thank you to all of my friends on Facebook for the encouraging words. They are greatly appreciated, and help to keep the drive going!

In case you missed it yesterday...Now through Saturday I am having a giveaway of one of my favorite 5x7! You can view the details here. Thus far I've only had a handful of entries. I would like to continue offering these sort of things, but if I don't have enough people interested there is no point.

Last night I talked myself into being brave and quite possibly stupid. I've wanted to try a vintage 1930's or 1940's hair style for a while (the main reason I let my hair grow out). After viewing a video on Youtube using foam rollers I gave it a shot....aaaaand this is the segway to today's photos. ;)

Get ready everyone, it's a bumpy ride!

The "before" photo..yes, scary I know!


The next day. Man can my hair hold a curl!


Another view


It was a great experience and something I look forward to doing again soon. You can view the video I followed here. She has some amazing tutorials...definitely on my favorite's list!

I think that just about covers everything for today...

A preview for tomorrow: Photographs of a new necklace I made today! 

<3

Mika.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...