Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Page 11

There is no reason as to why I haven't touched my blog in a week. Life is full of ups and downs, twists and turns and until recently I was spinning out of control. I've done a lot of soul searching over the past few weeks and I am pleased with the person I am molding in to. I think (one of) my breaking point was realizing I was finally following my life long dream and could not be excited.

On several occasions during the course of this blog (assuming you do read my randomness) I have expressed my passion for photography, and all art in general. Somehow; after spending a lot of money on a new camera, photographing every day life for months, and having the wonderful opportunity of teaching basic photography in my hometown...I wasn't as passionate about the whole situation as I should have been. Once I lost a piece of the puzzle that has become my life (having to cancel all of my photography classes), it dawned on me...I am tired of being in this rut; I have to change.

I'm still doing a lot of searching but at least now I can see an improvement in myself and my surroundings.

I think the inspiration for this blog post came from a new online magazine called "Wild Sister" I have been reading positive blogs and am challenging myself to become a better me. I found Wild Sister by shear mishap. One of the blogs I follow religiously "kind over matter" had a link on their sidebar. I was curious enough to click and didn't look back. I bought and downloaded the magazine and am on page 11/47. Wow...If I'm so inspired to share feelings within the first 10 pages..this is going to be one deep magazine. lol.

I've been saving this photo for a meaningful post; guess this is perfect. I'm once again able to find beauty in the simple things of life. Walking in the bathroom and seeing my shirt swaying to the air condition vent made me calm...I hope I manged to capture the feeling in the photo. My mother called while taking this shot. My husband walked in (with her on the line) and said "She's sitting in the floor taking a picture of a shirt" My mom's response? "She's got a vivid imagination." I'll take that as a compliment. :)


<3

Mika.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...