Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Time

I'm restless tonight. Not like ADHD or being high on crack (not that I would know what that is like...*cough*)...my mind is restless. Do you ever want to leave, go out and do something but at the same time you can't make yourself move? I'm feeling this way tonight. I spent a few hours at my parents (Mom's birthday was yesterday/Dad's is Thursday) I came home not wanting to be here. Not that anything is wrong...I just want to be somewhere else, doing something different.

But since I can't...here I sit...staring at a blinking cursor.......again.

I decided to photograph something at my parent's house that shows a difference in time and age. I'm not calling my parents old, don't try to put words in my mouth! I'm just comparing 27 to eh..lets say mid-50's/early 60's. My Mother collects knick-knacks...she always has. Thank God I haven't picked up the habit, yet. I picked a random object that signifies someone in a different place in their life than I am.


Then I photographed something that signifies me. Something I enjoy and do on a daily basis.

As most women I take pride in looking my best. I don't buy things to fill my house. I buy things that others (besides family and friends) will see. There is a lot that could be said, but I'll be kind and say I love my parents...I just hope I don't end up like them!

Of course I had to take a damn photo of their cat Patch. He is too adorable not to, and that's at least something my Mom and I can agree on.


<3

Mika.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...