Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands

On to today's post. I had a dear friend at work comment to me they loved my blog...it didn't always say much, but it let them know I was still alive and kicking & crazy as ever. It made me feel good (being crazy is a good thing...right?) but it also had me thinking...why do I not say a lot on my blog? Reason #1: I'm exhausted by the time I can type this up. Reason #2: I don't always have a lot to say...ok...so I do, but they usually consist of incoherent babbling. Reason #3: I fear losing more of an audience by typing a book every day. But then again, why am I worried about the "audience" since this is a challenge to me? And if that is the case, why am I trying to figure this out in the first place? lol.

I would honestly like to share more of my thoughts than just the photos...though that's what started it all. I guess there is no better time than the present...and I guess that's what the above really was. :)

I looked for one of my favorite songs this morning with no luck...I finally found a video someone had made, in The Netherlands! Eh well...at least I found it. Bob Dylan is a poetic genius who deserves nothing but praise. My all time favorite song of his is "Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands" It really hits home with me. As you all know I've never been a "happy-go-lucky" person...so for someone to put the world in prospective for my point of view...is just the tits.

The song is 11 minutes long...if you're not a Bob Dylan fan you probably won't even bother listening...but those of you curious about Mika...this is a good start.

Bob Dylan ~ Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands (slide) - Muziek & Entertainment - 123video

And the lyrics to the song (should you wonder) are here.

With all of this said, my photos for today consist of darkness. The same darkness that clouds my mind on a daily basis...but there is always light...somewhere.

Taken tonight...as I left work.



I just read over my post...and I'm proud of myself...for today. :)

<3

Mika.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...