Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm Going Home

As with a lot of aspects of my life, this blog title has more than one meaning for me.
  1. A song from one of my all time fave movie Rocky Horror Picture Show
  2. I've always called Charleston, SC my second home.
  3. I have always said "I want to go home" even when wrapped in my husband's arms in our residence
  4. I will never settle until I am home.
I spent 3 glorious days on a mini vacation in Charleston with my parents. It had been 8 years since my last visit, and the same amount of time vacationing with my family.

I was just as excited this time as all of my previous trips as a child/teenager. I have yet to find another place that gives me such peace and joy. Naturally this is why I gravitate towards it.

May I present to you the first set in the series "I'm Going Home"

 5:12 AM Sunday morning I'm awake...but barely functioning. Pardon the date, it's still wrong. lol.
 6:30AM We are pulling out of the driveway. I'm in the backseat hoping to catch a little shut eye since Daylight Saving Time decided to kick in that morning!
 Wide awake in South Carolina.
Stunned at the trees in bloom while the same in Kentucky lacked buds!

Be on the look out for the next installment of "I'm Going Home" soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...