Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chirp Chirp

Ah what a beautifully warm day! There is just something about Spring...life begins again. The birds are chirping and the sun is warming my heart. I'm normally not a sappy person, but it really was a glorious day.

I got a late start today, but managed to shoot a bit of sunlight in town through my dirty windshield. 


Remember how I said the birds are chirping? They are happy because one of them relieved their self on my vehicle! When I noticed it, I had to photograph it...my caption for this pic? "When life gives you shit...clean it up"



I figured it was time for a Spring photo of me. The shades are permanently attached to my head now. :)


And last... I have wanted to do something to help the Japanese people since the earthquake/tsunami...last night I came up with just a way. I noticed on Etsy and Artfire (where my jewelry store is) there are artists that are selling their products with a portion (or entire amount) of the sale to go to a Japanese relief fund. I love making felt flowers and figured this was a way I could combine the two.

100% of the sale would go to either American Red Cross or Salvation Army (both are assisting the Japanese people) I would charge $2 for shipping (if you are out of area) that's all. I don't want to make a profit...I want to help. 


I stitched this flower together quickly last night (and bent my needle in the process!) I chose red and white in the style of the Japanese Flag. So far I've had a lot of positive feedback on it...I have already started making more.






If anyone else has feedback about the flower, I would appreciate it!


<3


Mika.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...