Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day

     First off; Happy New Year! Everyone says a new year, a new you...right? Though I'm not entirely sold on the concept I have been knocking around this crazy idea in my head for some time. I realize in the 26 years on my home planet of Earth I have not really accomplished a major amount of...anything. I thought back, what was my first love? Before wine, before jewelry making and before Lady Gaga my first passion(s) were writing and photography. The sad part is, aside from the jewelry (which doesn't take much effort) I cannot complete a single task. So much work has gone unfinished. Yes I understand, I am (still) young, I am a working wife, but that still does not excuse the fact I slack off instead of putting my brain to use. I crave creativity. I crave art. I crave finishing at least one project...sometime.

This dilemma has led me to start a blog that I have to post every day. I need structure to get myself going. I couldn't think of a better way than to start a photography blog on the first day of the New Year. It's hard to say what this blog will consist of, but I"m sure it will deal greatly with cooking, jewelry, crafts, makeup and music (all the things I love) and I promise to keep the complaining to a minimum. But let's face it, sometimes you have to!

I actually borrowed this idea from "Julie & Julia" (movie) though I'm too broke and lazy to attempt to cook the 500+ recipes of Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". Plus my husband is a very picky eater. Oh right, no complaining.

So without further adieu:
Today's photograph: Me! Not everyone has the pleasure of staying home in the bed on New Year's day...this was taken right before work this morning, thus the bloodshot eyes and random strands of hair.


So here is to an exciting year. May I be entertaining throughout, but more importantly...may I post every day and break out of this rut.

Cheers :)

Mika <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...